The law says that all schools and colleges must provide children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) with access to education and learning.

You can read more about what the law says on the your rights page.

If you think that you might need some more SEND support than you are already getting in your school, college or setting then you could:

  • Speak to a teacher or trusted member of staff, to ask how they can help you to learn and support you with your social, emotional and mental wellbeing.
  • Speak to a parent or trusted adult, to help you to have these conversations and attend meetings with you if this would be helpful.
  • If you don't already have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP), you can ask for an EHC needs assessment.
  • If you do have an EHCP, you could ask to have it looked at (reviewed) to see if there is more support available to help you.

How we can help

We can work with you and offer support to suit your needs. This may include speaking on the phone, emails or by helping you to arrange a school/ college visit or meeting. With your permission, we can also work with your parent, carer or support worker.

You can contact us for more information, advice and to talk about how we can help you. 

You might find this video from the CDC about IAS services and what they do helpful:


More information, advice and support (IAS)

Leeds SENDIASS are not responsible for the content of sites or services offered by third parties.

You can find more resources on our useful SEND links and tools page.